19.2.05

America... Fuck Yeah!

Not that I want to make a habit of posting about movies, this one deserves a post. Last night, behind the times as usual, I saw Matt Stone and Trey Parker's Team America. I was laughing from the third second of the movie to the very end!

Stone and Parker, famous for their TV show South Park, are known for their no-holds-bar style of offensive, but not really attacking, portrayal of all. In Team America, they don't hold back. No one is safe, from Matt Damon to Kim Jong Il, and from American arrogance to Michael Moore, everyone was a target for the pair's sharp and abrasive humor.

The thing I noticed most, however, was the audiences reaction to certain events in the movie. For instance, when Michael Moore blew up, the audience applauded. This quickly reminded me of my surroundings in not so Blue Virginia. I did find this scene humorous, I didn't find the need to stand up and applaud that scene. But, that's a whole other blog topic in itself.

I saw the movie at the Arlington Cinema 'N' Drafthouse. This movie was the perfect movie for such a venue of cheap beer and popcorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home