11.12.04

Court Side At The Knicks... Check!

Somewhere there's a sports junkie with a "things-to-do-before-I-die-list." And on that list, probably at number seven or eight he's entered "Sit court-side at a Knicks game." Well, it's certainly not in the top 100,000 things I'd like to do before I die, but nonetheless, I can check it off.

My division at OPNET went on a semi-erratic "quarterly" outing tonight. The choices were originally a cruise on the Odyssey around DC or tickets to a Wizards game. Personally, I chose the cruise, but the basketball game narrowly won out.

I was half expecting the cheap seats, hanging from the rafters, but instead, we were five rows from the court. I sat behind Ron Gardner and Lavar Arrington (players for the Washington Redskins... (that's football, Megan.)) I enjoyed myself tremendously... I chatted with colleagues I no longer see since I'm off-site at a client's office, I had a few beers, I heckled the mascot, and.... oh yeah, I think I caught a few minutes of a basketball game.

I think that's why we were there. Anyway, the few minutes I did see made me think the kids in my neighborhood play a better (at least more interesting) game of basketball than these whining millionaire babies we call professional basketball players.

Anyway, the Wizards won. Apparantly, they're like good this year, or something. Anyway, it was a good time... even thought it was at a basketball game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home