27.11.04

Subfuckia

This is probably the first of many installments of why I hate the suburbs, but here goes.

At my parents' house for Thanksgiving weekend, I was reacquainted with one of the reasons I hate suburbia. Yesterday, the family and I went to do a little light shopping.

On a side note, despite it being "Black Friday," the stores were relatively vacant. This seems interesting because it might be the sign of a week economy. The dollar is very weak these days...

Anyhoo, yesterday we went to seven stores... and drove to and from each of them. Now mind you, two of these stores were in the same "shopping center." And two were "across the street" from each other. And yet, there was still a significant distance between these pairs of stores, that walking would have been feasible, but not "practical". See it was cold and windy and I had not dress appropriately.... Waaaaaaaaaaa. Waaaaa. I know. Whiny.

It was nice to hear my brother say, "Just park here," as we approached a spot that was towards the rear of the lot. "We can walk."

It's sad that suburbian exercise consists of walking from the car to the store and back again. And yet, that is usually cutailed by the endless hunt for the closest spot.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home