24.5.05

I guess they found the part!

Over the weekend, a large break in the DC water system ruptured causing hundreds of homes to be without water. I came back from visiting my parents to find that many of my neighbors were out in the courtyard discussing the situation with WASA and our building plumber.

Water had been partially restored at this point and while teeth brushing and dish rinsing were certainly possible, showering and water-based machine use were definitely not. It turns out that there was a part that they needed to fully repair the break for which they were doing a nationwide search. Welcome to medival Washington, DC.

The next morning, I checked to see if the shower would run. It did, however it was very much a wet-soap-rinse Navy shower experience. I didn’t shave because there just wasn’t enough pressure to get the hairs out of the blade.

Well this morning I awoke to find that they must have found their missing part! Not only was pressure restored, it was restored tenfold! I love a good hard pressure in the shower, but this was nearly too much for me! It was ridiculous. The bar of soap was stripped from my hand as I went to rinse it off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home