2.8.05

Blogging about (lack of) blogging

Yes, I know that I violate the first rule of blogging by writing about blogging, but foo on the rules. Recently, one of my dear readers (okay not you but the other one) commented on my lack of content.

Yesterday, as I sat through a dry run of a session for our up coming annual conference OPNETWORK, it dawned on me why I always have so little to say in my blog. For one, I really don't blog about work. It's too easy for someone to find my blog, get offended, and fire me ("Hi Marc! Hi Alain! Hi Ray! Hi Dave!") Or worse, somebody (those who I have so recently said hello to) to find my blog, appreciate said content, and promote me to middle-management... Oh wait, I'm already there.

The fact that yesterday started with a shower and straight to work by 08:00 is no different than any other day. Sitting here at home waiting for Megan to pick up some stuff has given me a little time at home before I go in.

But going back to the epiphany I had yesterday. It was then 19:30 in the evening and I had been at work for nearly 12 hours at that point. At 20:00, I made my way to the gym and by the time I got home at 22:30, there was barely enough time to read a few chapters of The Half-Blood Prince and then go to bed.

Repeat that four to five days out of the week and you've got a severe lack of material. I am starting to make efforts to change this! Boy do I need that upcoming vacation!

I will say this: Brian and I have started a sort of posse. It's the everyone-we-know-has-gone-of-and-gotten-married-and-are-having-kids Brian and Anand's Party Posse. But that's a topic I save for a different post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home