3.9.05

Windsor, Eton, Soho

Today we went to Windsor/Eton. We went up to Windsor Castle and arrived just in time to witness the changing of the guard. I was able to record a fair amount of footage on my digital camera and, from what I can tell, I've got some good video. Unfortunately, I've filled my disc and will have to find a way to upload it to a disk or something if I want to take more pictures.

From Windsor, we could see what I believe to be the OPNET UK office. Yay.

After we went through the castle (is it wrong that I thought the Queen's Dollhouse was the coolest thing?) we walked through Eton to Eton College. It really wasn't that interesting, but we saw a video that confirmed my suspicion that Harry Potter's experience at Hogwarts is quite accurate as far as schools in the UK (minus the magic, eh?)

We came back and walked around Soho for awhile. We eventually settle into a quaint pub where we met a bunch of Pollocks watching the Polland v. Austria game. Polland won so we were rejoicing.

We also met a group from Norway. They were an interesting crowd.

One thing about pubs in London is that they close really early. This particular pub was closing up at 11:00. Clubs stay open later and we'll definitely check these out over the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home